• Are you passionate and committed to making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people in the community?
• When you become an Anglicare Volunteer you are joining a team of thousands who brighten people’s lives everyday
• Be a part of an amazing team helping to bring an ever-changing selection of goods to a shop in your area!
Anglicare has been serving the Community for over 160 years and is committed to supporting those who are aging, vulnerable or marginalised.
Our Anglicare shops provide a place for vulnerable people in the community to come and feel heard as well as to purchase quality goods at a discounted price.
About this Role:
Our Penrith shop is looking for volunteers who want to serve the local community. Volunteering in this shop is a great way for you to help those in need by providing great customer service and a listening ear.
Duties may include:
• Assisting customers with finding clothing, shoes etc
• Hanging, tagging and folding clothes
• Running errands and assisting with basic shop maintenance
• Merchandising and creating displays
• Working as part of a team and under the direction of the manager
Regular commitment once a week or fortnight
Our ideal volunteer will have:
• Ability to work in a team
• Reliable and ability to commit to one day a week or fortnight
• Physically fit and able to stand on feet
• Non-judgemental approach and knowledge or experience working with vulnerable people
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
By joining Anglicare you would have the opportunity to serve those most in need; elderly people, struggling families, socially isolated, disaster affected people, disadvantaged children and youth plus many others within your community!
I want to join. Now what?
Once you submit your application one of our Volunteer Coordinators will be in contact with you. If you are a suitable candidate you will be invited for an interview and if successful you will need to complete a Volunteer Application Pack.
For more information on this role or other Volunteer opportunities please contact the Anglicare Volunteering Department on 9421 5446 or firstname.lastname@example.org