Volunteer Coordinator – Norwest
• Do you love engaging and coordinating volunteers in community services?
• Do you love recruitment and have strong coordination skills?
• Keen on joining a growing Christian NFP committed to having a positive impact on the lives of others?
If yes, then read below and apply for this fantastic opportunity to work for Anglicare!
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated Volunteer Coordinator to effectively recruit, allocate, support and on-board and supervise volunteers in our community services in order to meet the needs of staff, clients and residents.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• End-to-end recruitment of suitable volunteers including conducting background/compliance checks.
• Utilise a range of advertising and sourcing mediums including social media.
• Coordinate the on-boarding and training process of volunteers and maintain strong relationships with managers and other staff.
• Assist and support staff within the programs to develop and maintain successful and well managed volunteer programs.
• Ensure that volunteers are centred on client needs and are reflective of Anglicare’s Vision, Mission and Values.
• Ensure volunteers are well looked after, well trained, supervised and receive care and are adequately de-briefed.
• Ensure volunteers are recognised and advocated for in order to retain them.
• Assist in organising corporate volunteering events.
• Work closely with churches to develop and maintain ongoing relationships.
Based at Norwest, this is a fixed-term part-time contract role (30.4hrs) to cover staff leave until August 2019. You must be willing and able to travel across the Sydney area and hold a current drivers licence.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Experience and competence in coordinating a volunteer program.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong coordination and administration skills.
• Understanding of volunteering end-to-end recruitment process.
• Current NSW Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive.
• Ability and stated commitment to support and promote the Vision, Mission and Values of Anglicare.
As you will be required to work closely with churches, this role would suit a committed Christian with a genuine passion towards volunteer coordination and the work that Anglicare does. You will be working as part of a fantastic team of volunteer coordinators and administrators under the Anglicare Volunteer Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly organised and engaging Volunteer Coordinator to assist, train, recruit and supervise the volunteers in various centres and villages across Sydney.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.