• Fixed-term full-time to mid-August 2019
• Norwest location
• Join a growing Christian organisation
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
About the role:
We currently have a full-time fixed term position for an experienced administrator in our Disaster Recovery (DR) and Volunteering division of Anglicare. Reporting to the Volunteer and Disaster Recovery Manager, the successful candidate will ensure that the administrative aspects of the department are managed, external partners and internal staff are adequately supported, and timely assistance is provided for relevant events as it is required.
• Answer initial enquiries made my current or prospective volunteers.
• Complete general administrative tasks and maintain relevant databases in a timely manner.
• Ensure training calendars are produced and other DR and volunteering events are communicated through appropriate platforms and responses are managed.
• Undertake pre-employment checks for volunteers.
• Ensure financial reimbursements and invoices are paid in timely manner and all expenses are recorded and reported accurately.
• Ensure all forms and documents are relevant and up to date.
• Support production of procedures and documents.
• Complete rosters in response to disasters and manage responses and enquiries during disaster related activations.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Ability to support and promote the Christian Mission and Values of Anglicare.
• Demonstrated experience in providing a broad range of administrative and related clerical skills including data entry.
• Demonstrated experience in dealing confidently and courteously with people at all levels and in building relationships with key stakeholders.
• Capacity to maintain a high degree of discretion and exercise sound judgement in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Intermediate skills in office computing applications including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and desktop publishing (MS Publisher).
• Sound organisational skills and time management skills.
• Inherent capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.