• Permanent full-time position
• Based at 2 sites – Caddens and The Ponds NSW
• Diverse role
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the Role:
Caddens and The Ponds Retirement Village and is seeking an experienced Maintenance Officer/Gardener to join their team on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that maintenance duties are completed on time and to a high standard. You will anticipate, arrange and carry out repairs, maintaining buildings and advising on replacement or repairs as required.
The candidate will be travelling to 2 Anglicare sites based at Caddens and The Ponds, NSW on a fortnightly cycle. Hours are Monday to Friday day shifts.
Duties may include and will not be limited to:
•Door and lock repairs
•Minor roofing repairs
•Minor alterations and handyman duties
•Appliance fault finding
•Carpet, joinery and plumbing repairs
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensures that maintenance duties are completed in a safe, efficient and effective way by following specified policies and procedures with special attention to all aspects of safety;
• Ensures all equipment is maintained in a safe working order;
• Ensures that grounds and gardens are maintained to a high standard;
• Contribute to the support of residents by providing appropriate assistance and quality service as required, and with respect to dignity and privacy;
• Contributes to the development of the safety culture by keeping their workplace safe, clean and tidy, complying with site safety rules;
• Participating in workplace consultation activities and actively participating in any other safety activities as prescribed in the WHSIMS.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Appropriate certificate in maintenance or related discipline is preferred, but at a minimum a basic knowledge of maintenance and plant material
• Previous experience in maintenance/gardening preferred
• A current NSW driver’s license
• Reliable with a strong work ethic
• Alignment with Anglicare’s Christian values
• Passion for assisting older people and working in Aged Care
If you are passionate about working with a committed team, all within a Christian environment, we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.