• Are you looking to make a genuine difference?
• Are you passionate about providing resident-centred care to the elderly?
• Rare full-time day shift opportunity available!
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse who is committed to ensuring quality clinical care is delivered to our valued residents at St Lukes, Dapto. As an Anglicare Registered Nurse, you will have access to our clinical support team who have a strong knowledge and understanding of aged care, including ACFI, as well as leading experts in palliative and dementia care. You will also have excellent clinical assessment skills to manage care of residents in collaboration with our capable team of Carers.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensures the residents’ physical health and comfort is maintained by providing routine and non-routine clinical care;
• Act as ‘in charge’, supervising and supporting care staff;
• Ensures that communication between peers and staff is upheld and fostered to ensure duties are performed accurately and holistically;
• Ensures that families are fully informed about issues relating to their relative at Anglicare;
• Contributes to the effective functioning of the team by sharing clinical knowledge and skills;
• Contributes to the operation of the shift by working co-operatively with the other members of the team.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Current nursing registration with AHPRA.
• A ‘hands on’ approach to ensuring quality clinical care.
• Current clinical experience in aged care.
• Good interpersonal skills, with a passion for caring for others.
• Competence in managing clinical care, including assessment and documentation.
• The ability to supervise, delegate and work as part of a team.
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare.
If you are an experienced Registered Nurse who is passionate about providing care for the vulnerable and making a difference in the lives of the elderly, we'd like to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.