• Casual positions available - Flexible availability preferred
• Based in our state-of-the-art facility in Jannali (walking distance from the train station)
• Great team environment and workplace culture
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
About the role:
Mildred Symons House, Jannali is currently seeking passionate, genuinely caring and resident focussed Carers to join their friendly team on a casual basis. As a Carer you will ensure the physical comfort and contribute to the emotional well-being of residents by assisting with physical needs whilst also understanding and responding to the emotional needs of our valued residents.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensures the residents’ optimal physical comfort by assisting with showering, dressing, eating and other care as determined by the needs of the resident.
• Ensures the medication management standards are upheld by following the principles and policy and that as Carers they are deemed ‘medication licenced’.
• Contributes to the development of care plans and the ACFI process by documenting information as required.
• Contributes to meeting residents’ spiritual needs by responding to them as requested and/or making suitable referrals to pastoral, chaplaincy or other staff who will provide appropriate support.
• Contributes to own personal development and the development of the other carers by providing buddy training and ongoing assistance to others, and attending all scheduled training.
• Contribute to the safety culture by keeping the workplace safe, clean and tidy, complying always with safe work practices,
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Certificate III in Aged Care Work or equivalent
• Previous Aged Care experience
• Genuine desire to serve those in most need
• Proven competence with verbal and written communication skills
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare.
If you are passionate about caring for the elderly and have what it takes to make a genuine difference in their lives, we would like to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.