• Are you looking for an ideal career opportunity serving the community?
• This is a rewarding permanent full-time OR part-time opportunity based at Parramatta!
• Join a warm, friendly and supportive team of professionals.
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
About the role:
The Cross-Cultural Services Volunteers Coordinator is responsible for the effective support of Diocesan based volunteers so that their needs are appropriately met, in accordance with the organisation’s Christian Vision, Mission, Values and Purpose. Will consider applicants interested in working part-time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain ongoing and regular communications with the Cross Cultural Service’s and Partnership Development Teams.
- Ensure that appropriate links with Diocesan stakeholders and external partnerships are maintained by regular liaison with churches, to publicise potential volunteer opportunities and activity within the Dioceses.
- Ensures that volunteers are identified and supported by parishes with organised training (delivering training when required) and support sessions delivered when required and/or needed.
- Ensure that volunteer and Church details are up to date and accurate by maintaining the CCS database.
- Ensure that monthly activity reports are provided to Cross Cultural Services Manager.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Desirable: Qualification in Social Work, Community Welfare or another relevant field
- Experience and well-developed understanding of working with volunteers.
- Experience and well-developed understanding of Cross Cultural practices/ ministry
- Personal Christian commitment and missional motivation.
- Excellent communication and computer literacy skills
This role requires a valid Working with Children Check. Anglicare is committed to being a child-safe, child-friendly organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.