• Permanent part-time/3 days per week
• Use your clinical skills to educate staff
• Service our homes across the Wollongong/Jannali areas
Anglicare is one of Australia’s largest Aged Care Organisations, committed to the delivery of quality care services in a Christian, caring environment.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role:
We are seeking a dynamic and skilled Registered Nurse to join our team as a Clinical Educator. Under the guidance of the Quality & Compliance Manager, the Clinical Educator will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating clinical education to Registered Nurses’ within allocated Anglicare Homes ensuring staff are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to deliver a high standard of care.
The successful applicant will be supported by a wider team including Home managers, clinical subject matter experts, and the quality and support services department, ensuring all resources are provided to achieve success. This is a part-time position working 3 weekdays per week (days can be negotiated).
Please note: Travel is an essential part of this role and applicants will need to have a current valid drivers’ licence and their own car (mileage and tolls can be claimed).
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
The breadth of this role requires a high level of clinical knowledge and skills along with experience in developing and delivering education to Registered Nurses’ within the organisation. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to mentor staff, and experience in capability based education are essential skills the successful applicant must demonstrate.
• Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse.
• Current valid drivers’ licence and own car
• Experience in providing education, mentoring and support to staff in their current workplace
• A high level of clinical competence
• Experience utilising improvement processes
• An enthusiasm to learn more about aged care clinical/education
• Experience working in Aged Care or with older adults
• Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or equivalent (highly regarded)
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare.
Anglicare – Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.