Dementia Care Adviser
• Fixed Term Part time position based in Nepean/Western Sydney
• Build and maintain strong relationships
• Make a genuine difference in the lives of people living with dementia and their carers
Due to organisational growth, we are seeking an experienced Dementia Care Adviser to join our Anglicare At Home's team of professionals.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services. To find out more please visit: http://www.anglicare.org.au
About the Role:
Reporting to the Team Leader - Dementia Advisory Service, you will partner with our clients to ensure that services they need and want are provided by delivering quality, person-centred, support, advice and advocacy to people living with dementia and their families. You will also help raise awareness regarding dementia through promotion and education in the community in line with the organisation’s Christian vision, mission, values and strategy, and quality and compliance requirements.
Responsibilities include (not limited to):
• Providing support information and advocacy for people living with dementia and their carers to understand the progression of dementia and to access the support services that may improve quality of life
• Provide support, and advice that is grounded in evidence-based research during one-on-one home visits or in group settings
• Plan and facilitate Dementia Specific Carer Support Groups across the region
• Provide dementia training and information sessions in the wider community
• Assess and offer supportive resources for the purpose of enabling independence for people living at home with dementia.
Skills knowledge and experience needed:
• Diploma in Community Services/Dementia Care or appropriate equivalent qualification
• Demonstrated ability to work with older people, people living with dementia and their families/advocates
• Superior skills in communication including written and presentation skills
• Current C class driver’s licence and vehicle – willingness to drive a small resource van.
• Understanding of Dementia, progress of the condition, and its impact on the person and their carer
• Previous experience in Home Care/Community/Aged Care
• Intermediate computer skills in MS Office and client database systems.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice