As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role
Anglicare's Staffing Pool (Jobmatch) are seeking Casual Carers to join our dedicated team providing care staff to our Care Homes across the Castle Hill Site. We are looking for Carers who able to work a variety of shifts (morning, afternoons and nights). Our Carers play a key role in ensuring our residents are cared for physically, emotionally and spiritually, responding to their varied needs with empathy and respect. We are currently looking for staff who can work Monday to Sunday.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensure optimal physical comfort of residents
• Contribute to the emotional wellbeing of residents by responding to and understanding their emotional needs
• Assist residents with activities of daily living which may include but are not limited to
o Personal Care
• Interacting with our residents in a cheerful and empathetic manner
• Ensure care standards are upheld by following procedures
• Contribute to relative satisfaction by talking with relatives and assisting where possible
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• A passion for caring for others
• Excellent communication skills
• Work well within a team, valuing individuals and showing empathy
• Be reliable and flexible
• Have basic computer skills to work with our online documentation system
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare
• Must be flexible to work across the 4 Care Homes at the Castle Hill Site
• Able to work shift work and be available for shifts Monday to Friday (times are approximately 6:30am-3:00pm; 2:30pm-11:00pm and 11:00pm - 7:00am)
• Must be available a minimum of 3 days per week
• Previous experience in Aged Care
• Certificate III in Aged Care
Join a growing industry where you can make a genuine difference in the lives of our residents and clients.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.