Case Manager - Reconnect
Job no: 499480
Work type: Fixed Term Full-Time
Location: Western Sydney
Categories: Child, Youth and Family Services
Case Manager – Reconnect
- Are you passionate about young people, and their families at risk of being homeless?
- We have a rewarding fixed-term full-time opportunity based between Parramatta and Cabramatta.
- Make a genuine and lasting difference in the lives of young and vulnerable people and their families.
About the role:
You will be supporting at risk young people and their families to address issues of homelessness and family breakdown. Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the needs/issues of young people at risk of being homeless, disengaged from education and community. This is a maternity leave cover for 6 months.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Collates and maintains clear up to date organised and accurate records and case notes
- Keeps informed of theoretical and practice issues that ensure best practice is developed and maintained
- Establish and maintain links with other agencies, to facilitate the provision of a holistic and quality service and to provide information on issues including referral processes, client needs, local issues, community feedback and approaches or gaps in service delivery.
- Ensure effective service delivery, this includes utilising a variety of family focused tools such as counselling, mediation and coaching to assist in regards to engaging a young person in family, education and community.
- Contributes to establishing and maintaining healthy family relationships by the use of dispute and conflict resolution as identified.
- Develop, present and evaluate group work.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant tertiary studies, e.g. Social Work or Psychology
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs/issues of people from refugee/migrant, varying socio-economic and diverse CALD backgrounds
- Counselling skills with appropriate experience, qualifications and membership of the relevant professional body
- Experience in working with young people, their families and people experiencing disadvantage
- A current NSW driver's licence and comprehensively insured motor vehicle
This role requires a valid Working With Children Check. Anglicare is committed to being a child-safe, child-friendly organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time