Senior Chaplain – Specialist Commands
Job no: 499535
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Western Sydney, Hills/Norwest
Senior Chaplain – Specialist Commands
- Are you passionate about providing pastoral counselling?
- This is a rewarding and very satisfying role in Police Chaplaincy.
- A permanent full-time opportunity based at Parramatta.
About the role:
The purpose of the role is to undertake pastoral counselling to members and former members of the NSWPF, widows and immediate family members. To also provide other ministry and administrative support as required and in line with the Police Chaplaincy Program.
- Ensure that the spiritual wellbeing of members and former members of the NSWPF, widows and immediate family members by providing and coordinating professional and appropriate pastoral counselling regarding personal and moral problems relating to work, marriage, relationships and family.
- Ensures effective provision of chaplaincy services to allocated NSWPF business units by coordinating chaplaincy services across Field Operations, Specialist Operations and Corporate Services (including State Crime Command and the Major Events & Incidents Group), other than to Local Area Commands.
- Ensures provision of other chaplaincy services to allocated NSWPF business units by coordinating services including but not limited to preparation and celebration of marriage, baptisms and other religious services, performance of or attendance at Police funerals and provision of assistance to families in time of bereavement (if appropriate), hospital calls and house calls in cases of illness/injury.
- Ensures opportunities for spiritual support are provided to various police commands by offering prayers, invocations, benedictions and dedications.
- Ensures that the Anglican Diocese of Sydney is well represented as a member of the NSWPF Chaplains’ Executive and Anglicare’s Mission & Partnerships Team by adhering to the Anglican Diocese of Sydney’s Faithfulness in Service, and applicable policies and procedures of Anglicare and the NSWPF.
- Ensures effective cooperation with the NSWPF Police Chaplaincy Team by following NSWPF Position Description, Policy and Guidelines, developing and maintaining relationships with other Senior Chaplains and the wider Police Chaplaincy team.
Education and Experience:
- Ordained Presbyter or Deacon of the Anglican Church of Australia, Diocese of Sydney plus licenced by the Archbishop
- Min 5 years’ pastoral experience
- Demonstrated capacity to function in an ecumenical / inter-faith environment
- Understanding of the NSW Police Chaplaincy Policy and Guidelines
- Demonstrated capacity to function as a senior member of the leadership team
- Experience in conducting formal ceremonies and other rites of passage
- Demonstrated experience and expertise to cope with the spiritual, psychological and social needs of this specialised ministry
- Police Check with no disclosable court outcomes plus other satisfactory integrity checks (including but not limited to Working with Children Check).
- NSW Drivers’ licence
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a genuine pastoral difference in the lives of others! If you have a genuine desire to minister to others in an empathetic and non-judgemental manner and possess sound interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate the Christian message clearly, this opportunity could be for you!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time