• Looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity as a Counsellor?
• This is a life-changing Fixed-term Part-Time position (12 months) based at Cabramatta!
• Must have a valid NSW drivers licence and a vehicle
About the role:
A rare opportunity has come up in our Cabramatta office and we are seeking a passionate and experienced Counsellor (Drum Beat Program) to provide group work and strengths-based counselling and therapy through Music using a Djembe. The client groups are primary school-aged students and their parents who are currently under the Communities for Children Program based at Cabramatta. A Music qualification is not required as a three-day training will be provided. This role will be servicing the Fairfield local government area.
Has to work Mondays and Tuesdays . The hours are negotiable, required to work between 8 - 12 hours per week.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Collate and maintain clear up to date organised and accurate data collection system as required by Communities for Children & DSS.
• Liaise with community service providers, predominantly with Primary Schools, at an operational level and network with relevant agencies.
• Ensure delivery of services within guidelines provided by Anglicare and Communities for Children.
• Ensure effective service delivery, liaison and communication with clients.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Tertiary qualifications, relevant to the position, e.g. Psychology, Counselling.
• Training and/or experience in presenting educational programmes or facilitating group work.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
If you are a qualified Counsellor who enjoys working with parents and primary aged students, as well as mentoring staff, we’d like to hear from you!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.