• Permanent Part-time Positions Available!
• State-of-the-art facility – Only a short walk for Jannali station
• Join one of the largest Christian, NFP organisations in Australia!
About the Role
As a Servery employee, you will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of food service to the residents of Mildred Symons House, Jannali. Our Servery Staff play an important role in ensuring our residents receive a great dining experience every time they receive a meal. A typical day may include prepping for food service, setting tables, serving and clearing meals, and visiting residents for their supper run. Our Servery staff also work with the wider care and lifestyle team in providing individualised care to our residents.
If you’d like to play an important role in ensuring our residents receive a great dining experience every time, we’d love to hear from you.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensuring a consistently high standard of food service is provided to our residents
• Ensure that all meals are prepared in the right way by adhering to the Anglicare requirements and checking temperature, texture and presentation;
• Contributing to the effectiveness of the whole team by working in a cooperative way
• Ensuring that safety (WHS), health, hygiene and cleanliness standards set by Anglicare are maintained.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Previous experience in a servery/ hospitality environment highly regarded
• Certificate III in Commercial Cookery - desirable
• Previous experience in Aged Care- desirable
• Excellent communication and organisation skills
• A genuine alignment with Anglicare's Christian values.
If you're a people-person interested in supporting village life for our valued residents at Mildred Symons House, Jannali we look forward to receiving your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: http://www.anglicare.org.au/
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.