We are looking for a candidate who has a heart for Community work and who can manage the day to administration of the No Interest Loan Management program which offers, safe, fair and affordable loans to people on low incomes. This is a rewarding fixed-term part-time position based at Mt Druitt. Offering 4 days a week (flexible).
About us and the NILS Program:
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
The No-Interest Loans Scheme (NILS) provides people on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit.
Key accountabilities of the role:
• Daily interaction with clients, microfinance workers and the Good Shepherd
• Managing the filing, storage and security of client information in the Loan Management System
• Ensuring stewardship of resources, including loan capital, by importing Centrepay reports and conducting bank reconciliations
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Community welfare or equivalent.
• Background in finance, banking or similar.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
To be employed in this role, you’d need to have a current Working with Children’s Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.