- Are you a retail professional with management experience passionate about the community?
- This is a rewarding permanent full-time opportunity for someone who is mission-hearted!
- Make a genuine and lasting difference in the lives of our Anglicare customers!
About Anglicare Shops:
Our Shops are connection points in their local communities. They’re a safe place where you can drop in, feel valued and find a caring, listening ear. It’s not your usual retail experience!
We sell a wide range of high quality, recycled clothing and accessories at affordable prices. Each of our locations across Sydney and the Illawarra is regularly restocked so there is always something different to find. Many Shops are also linked with local Anglican parishes so you can find out about and connect with various church activities.
About the role:
The purpose of this rewarding role is to lead a team of staff and volunteers, operating the Shop to create a warm, caring environment, maximising sales and supporting Anglicare’s Vision, Mission and Values. The role will be responsible for all aspects of the shop operations including the training and supervision of staff and volunteers.
We have 2 opportunities, 1 position based at the Parramatta Anglicare Shop and 1 position based at the Fairfield Anglicare Shop.
- Provide high levels of professional customer service at all times.
- Maintain high standards of merchandising and product offering to maximise shop sales.
- Ensure that customers who present a range of needs are provided with holistic care by referring them to services as appropriate. This may include addressing physical, spiritual and emotional needs.
- Building strong working relationships with local churches and community organisations.
- Provide training to ensure that staff and volunteers are well supported.
- Be a role model and create a culture supporting Anglicare’s Christian vision, mission and values.
- Ensure that safety and risk is well managed within the shop.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in a retail environment.
- Demonstrated high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience leading a team of staff, including volunteers.
- Personal Christian commitment and a missional motivation.
This role requires a valid Working With Children Check. Anglicare is committed to being a child-safe, child-friendly organisation.
Would you like to join a supportive and growing Christian organisation where your skills and experience can make a positive impact to those in need? Then apply today!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.