• Casual positions available!
• Warm and welcoming residential facility
• South Nowra Location
About the Role:
Located in South Nowra, Jean Ross House is seeking genuinely passionate Carers to join their team on a casual basis. Our Carers play a key role in ensuring that our residents are cared for physically, emotionally and spiritually, responding to their needs with empathy and respect.
Our Carers are rewarded with above award rates of pay, and a comprehensive orientation program on arrival and access to ongoing education and training opportunities as to ensure that our residents continue to receive outstanding care.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensure optimal physical comfort of residents;
• Contribute to the emotional wellbeing of residents by responding to and understanding their emotional needs;
• Assist residents with activities of daily living which may include but are not limited to:
o Personal Care
• Interact with our residents in a cheerful and empathetic manner;
• Ensure care standards are upheld by following procedures;
• Contribute to relative satisfaction by talking with relatives and assisting where possible.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent - essential
• Previous experience in Aged Care preferred;
• passionate about providing care to the elderly;
• A true team player with excellent communication skills;
• Basic computer skills;
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare.
If you like to support and care for older people in a cheerful and empathetic manner whilst ensuring the highest care standards are upheld, we would love to hear from you.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.