• Are you passionate and committed to making a difference in the lives of older people?
• When you become an Anglicare Volunteer you are joining a team of thousands who brighten people’s lives everyday!
• Drive the bus for different outings and activities and help the Residents experience something new!
Anglicare has been serving the Community for over 160 years and is committed to supporting those who are aging, vulnerable or marginalised.
Our Aged Care Facilities offer life-enriching care to our Residents and their families. Our Volunteers are invaluable in providing a range of person-centred activities that encourage a rich and social life.
About this Role:
Support Lifestyle team by driving the bus to take Residents out on day excursions!
Duties may include:
• Drive Anglicare’s bus transporting residents for excursions
• Attend full/half day bus trips for recreational activities
• Remain in drivers seat while bus is running
• Ensuring bus is refuelled according to policy and reporting any maintenance issues to supervisor
Tuesday and Thursday mornings
Our ideal volunteer will have:
• Ability to communicate and relate well with older people
• A current drivers licence – Class C/LR/MR
• Good driving record with safety-first mindset
• Safe Driving Assessment
To become a Volunteer Bus Driver with us you need to complete a safe bus driver training and assessment and a medical clearance – both of these are provided and covered by Anglicare
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
By joining Anglicare you would have the opportunity to serve those most in need; elderly people, struggling families, socially isolated, disaster affected people, disadvantaged children and youth plus many others within your community
I want to join. Now what?
Once you submit your application one of our Volunteer Coordinators will be in contact with you. If you are a suitable candidate you will be invited for an interview and if successful you will need to complete a Volunteer Application Pack.
For more information on this role or other volunteer opportunities please contact the Anglicare Volunteering Department on 9421 5446 or firstname.lastname@example.org