Anglicare have an opportunity for a Disaster Recovery Coordinator to join our organisation, supporting our Volunteers to ensure the effective coordination of resources to evacuation centres at times of disaster. You will be joining a Christian organisation with a history of service spanning over 160 years. Anglicare exists to serve people in need in our community, enrich lives, and share the love of Jesus. This is an integral role that allows us to extend our support services and presence to communities in greatest need following disasters from fires, floods, terror attacks or any other large-scale disaster requiring an evacuation.
About the role:
Working with a collaborative and forward-thinking Manager, this is a varied role that will see you involved across the entire support process for our Volunteer Disaster Recovery team. You will be someone that is able to naturally form and nurture relationships through providing support, empowerment, leadership and will be comfortable interacting with and developing meaningful relationships with local churches and ministers.
As disasters cannot be planned for this role will require someone that is able to adjust to different scenarios and be comfortable working in a reactive environment while maintaining a high level of organisation. During low-disaster times you will focus your attention on recruiting new volunteers, project work and researching relevant funding to enhance our position and services we can offer during disasters.
Key accountabilities of this role will include:
- Build strong and supportive relationships with our Sydney Disaster Recovery Team Leaders through regular communication and on-going support
- Take ownership of the Volunteer lifecycle including recruitment, on-boarding, maintaining compliance and accreditation training
- Manage the training function for your teams across facilitating New Recruit and Refresher training, maintaining a training calendar, organise facilities and catering while working to a budget
- Providing swift operational responses in the event of disasters by answering the disaster activation phone, activating Team Leaders for the relevant location, creating rosters and supporting volunteers in community outreach
- Organising debriefings and meetings to provide feedback and recognition to Team Leaders following disaster activation
- Working proactively on projects to enhance the operational effectiveness of the team
- Administrative duties including maintaining a database, producing regular newsletters, recording training and reporting
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be aligned to Anglicare’s Christian values, vision and mission to ensure you are able to enhance partnerships amongst church communities
- Be genuinely interested in building positive and long-lasting relationships with internal teams, Volunteers, local communities and the Anglican Diocese
- Have gained experience in a fast-paced administrative support role
- Be available to work 12-15 Saturdays per year to facilitate training sessions across various Sydney locations
- Have obtained or willing to obtain a Certificate 4 TAE
- Have a pro-active, self-motivated mind-set and looking to make a positive impact within the community
Our Volunteer and Disaster Recovery team are passionate about and proud of their achievements in supporting communities and people in need during distressing times. If you are someone that is motivated by supporting the community and a Christian organisation while having gained similar experience - we look forward to receiving your application.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Serving people in need, enriching lives, sharing the love of Jesus.