Case Manager – Foster Care
• This is a rewarding fixed-term part-time position (12 months) based at Telopea
• Work alongside a team of experienced practitioners in the Out of Home Care sector
• Make a real and lasting difference in the lives of children and families!
Working at Anglicare may be a valuable opportunity to make a positive difference in people’s lives!
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we provide foster care and adoption programs across Sydney as part of our community services work.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has become available, based with the foster care team at Telopea, for a Foster Care Case Manager who is seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children in care and their families. This is a fixed-term part-time position working 3 days a week.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ensures that all case management aspects of foster care placements are coordinated and implemented.
- Ensures that all parties are involved in implementing the child’s case plan by clearly communicating roles and responsibilities, with a particular focus on supporting the needs children with a case plan of restoration, or children identified for guardianship or adoption.
- Ensures foster carers maintain required Standards through foster carer recruitment, assessments, reviews and training.
- Ensures client information is reviewed regularly and kept up to date by completing reports and file documentation in accordance with OOHC and agency requirements.
- Ensures ongoing professional development by attending regular clinical supervision, practice consultations, training, forums, courses and other professional development activities as agreed with Manager.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- University degree qualification in social work, psychology or welfare/community services
- Unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence
- Understanding of out-of-home care issues and relevant legislation
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, attachment and the impact of abuse and trauma on children
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, counselling and casework
- Knowledge of child protection and family support processes
- Valid Working with Children's Check
Are you a skilled Case Manager with high level communication and organisational abilities, seeking a dynamic, supportive workplace culture? We’d like to hear from you!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.