Case Manager - Anglicare Emotional Wellbeing Program
Job no: 499818
Work type: Fixed Term Full-Time
Location: Multiple locations
Categories: Counsellors, Disability, Other
Case Manager – Anglicare Emotional Wellbeing Program
- Are you passionate about supporting older people to manage their emotional well-being?
- We have a rewarding fixed-term full-time opportunity ending June 2021
- Make a genuine difference in the lives of vulnerable people and their families.
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to provide psychosocial interventions to registered aged care facility residents who have a diagnosis of mental illness. Mental health needs are addressed through support, advocacy and referral pathways. You’d be required to travel across the Sydney North Primary Health Network Region.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide an individual support plan that is developed with the participant, that is clearly defined and with achievable outcomes, ensuring that the individual emotional well-being and mental health needs of participants are met.
- Support older people to manage their mental well-being and provide the tools and resources that will address primary mental health needs using a recovery model of practice.
- Ensure a full participant caseload is maintained by working within funding guideline and program targets.
- Advocating for participants, establishing network links within the local area, including (where applicable) external referral pathways and church partnerships.
- Ensure the service is well known in the community by developing resources that promote and advertise the service to participants, local forums and other community organisations.
- Ensures ongoing professional development by attending relevant trainings, forums, courses and other professional development activities as agreed with Mental Health Clinical Nurse.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications which may include social welfare, social work, health, allied health or social sciences nursing, and psychology
- NSW Drivers Licence Current and Unrestricted
- Experience working with older people who have a mental illness that impacts the person’s day to day living and functioning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid NSW Working with Children’s Check
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time