• Make a genuine difference in the lives carers
• Fixed term Fulltime position based in Penrith
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, Anglicare exists to serve our community, enrich lives and share the love of Jesus. Anglicare At Home provides services that support older people to live independently and enjoy the things they love, both at home, and in the community.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Coordinator - Commonwealth Respite & Carelink Centre’s role is to support carers of people caring for another person. You will also provide access to information, organise short term and emergency respite care, provide, education and information relevant to the carer and when required support them with referrals to ongoing services.
You will also:
- Ensure clients, service providers and the general community are well informed about the availability of services
- Ensure the best possible outcome for carers is achieved by advocating, and establishing strong referral links within local area.
- Ensuring carers undergo a comprehensive assessment to ensure they receive the most appropriate and valuable support services
- Attend network meetings to promote the community awareness about carers.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Qualifications in Community Services, Aged Care, Disability or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of the issues relating carers and the person they care for
- Previous experience working with Carers
- Computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a fixed term Fulltime position ending at the end of May 2020.
If you're a self-motivated person with a positive attitude who enjoys and thrives on working in a team we would love to hear from you!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.