• Looking for an exciting new opportunity?
• Do you want to join an organisation that seeks to exceed expectations of those we serve?
• Would you love to be serving people in need and enriching lives?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Delivering a meal may seem a simple task, but when done with a friendly smile, it can make someone’s day.
Hospitality, and dining, is a critical element in the daily operation of every Anglicare residential care home. Anglicare has a responsibility to ensure our residents consistently receive the best dining experience at every home and that residents’ dietary requirements and food preferences are consistently delivered.
This is an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Aged Care Kitchen Manager to take responsibility for all dining areas in the home and to ensure our Servery staff are delivering high quality meals and service which is a vital part of the care we provide.
The position is permanent part time 30 hours per week. Hours are Monday to Friday 8.00am to 3.00pm
Reporting to the Residential Manager at Lemongrove Gardens (based at Penrith NSW), you will be responsible for (not limited to):
• All dining and kitchen operations
• Managing the servery budget as well as the broader catering budget
• Weekly menu and dietary planning
• Staff management including rosters
• Ensure maintenance of an A Rating with NSW Food Authority
• Ordering and managing all food in the home, including catering arrangements for special events and programs.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Experience in working in the kitchen and catering for vulnerable population
• Experience in managing teams and creating engaged, customer focussed teams
• Experience working in residential aged care homes
• Passion for Aged care
• Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm
To be successful in this pivotal new role you will need to be an experienced Kitchen Manager within Aged Care as well as have demonstrated experience managing a team and a genuine alignment to Anglicare’s vision, mission and values.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
• Anglicare are renowned for our reputable training and development program. Access our professional network of mentors that can offer support and experience.
• As a permanent employee , access to salary packaging benefits and earn tax free dollars
• Join an organisation committed to achieving the highest performance in work health and safety with the aim of creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment throughout all parts of the organisation
If you have a heart for serving older people, then we would love to hear from you. We are looking for an enthusiastic leader who is committed and passionate about delivering customer service excellence.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened