• Do you have a passion for care and heart for service?
• Want to put a smile on someone’s face each and every day?
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
About the Role
Thomas Street Lodge located in Parramatta and is home to over 80 residents. We are seeking a qualified Carers to work various shifts on a casual basis.
Reporting to the Registered Nurses and working within an experienced clinical team, you will provide quality care to our residents. You will ensure the physical comfort and emotional health of our residents are met in a caring and nurturing environment.
The ideal candidate will need to available to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week and on call.
•Ensure the resident’s optimal physical comfort by assisting with showering, dressing, eating and other care as determined by the needs of the resident;
•Provide our residents with choice to live their daily life in a way that is special and unique to their physical and emotional needs;
•Ensure care standards are upheld by following procedures;
•Contribute to the development of care plans and the ACFI process by documenting information as required;
•Administration of medications to residents following education and support.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed
•A passion for caring for others.
•Excellent communication skills.
•Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent
•A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare.
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
• Anglicare are renowned for our reputable training and development program. Access our professional network of mentors that can offer support and experience.
• Anglicare is committed to achieving the highest performance in work health and safety with the aim of creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment throughout all parts of the organisation
• Seeking job satisfaction? Each and every resident touches your heart. You will feel satisfied that you are really helping to meet the needs of older people.
If you have a heart for serving older people, then we would love to hear from you. We are looking for staff who are committed and passionate about delivering customer service excellence.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.