• Two positions; 6 months parental leave fixed term full time ; permanent part time
• Castle Hill location
• Engage in activities with our residents and contribute in their well-being
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
About the Role:
Donington Court is seeking Lifestyle Carers to join their dedicated team. Reporting to the Lifestyle Coordinator, you will assist with the design and implementation of individual and integrated programs based on the resident’s needs.
Two positions available;
1 x Full time for a 6 month fixed term to cover parental leave. Hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
1`x Permanent part time, available Thursday Friday Saturdays.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Contribute to the residents’ assessments including their life history that will form an integrated care plan;
• Ensure effective communication using the appropriate tools to the wider village team to ensure that the resident preferences and social needs are met;
• Contribute to enriching the lives of individuals and their families through leisure, lifestyle and spiritual activities;
• Assist and encourage residents to create a home like environment within their accommodation so that they can relate to their new environment personally;
• Assist the residents with activities of daily living which may include but are not limited to toileting.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Certificate IV in Leisure & Health or willingness to work towards this
• Experience in conducting recreational activities within aged care (desirable)
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• Good verbal and written communication
• Current First Aid Certificate.
Ideally you will have a flair in encouraging people and have a passion for music, arts and crafts and sharing your talent.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened