Mental Health Practitioner - CLSR
Job no: 499786
Work type: Fixed Term Full-Time
Location: Western Sydney
Categories: Child, Youth and Family Services, Counsellors
Mental Health Practitioner
- Do you want to work within a NEW program delivering Mental Health psychosocial support to Refugees in the Western Region?
- Our staff are mission-hearted and highly engaged…are you?
- Earn an attractive wage and take advantage of salary sacrificing benefits!
About the Role:
Anglicare has an excellent career development opportunity for a Mental Health Practitioner based in the Parramatta area.
This is a fixed-term full-time (3 years) role and is classified under the SCHADS Award!
The purpose of this exciting role is to provide assessment, training, development and/or therapy to assist participants to develop or increase skills for independence and community participation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure best possible outcomes for participants are achieved by supporting participants to achieve functional improvement through adjustment, adaption and building capacity to participate in the broader community.
- Ensures behaviour support plans are developed that limit the likelihood of behaviours of concern developing or increasing by working with participants to that meet individual needs.
- Ensures effective service delivery to support best outcomes for participants by utilising a variety of tools such as counselling, mediation and coaching to assist in re-engaging the participant in family, education and community. This also includes delivering group work and workshops.
- Ensures that choice and control of participants and their safety and welfare drives all actions and decision making by working collaboratively with service providers, carers and other organisations.
- Ensures participants are involved in implementing their individual recovery plan as much as possible by facilitating and encouraging participants to work toward their goals and increase their capacity to become more independent.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications for the professions of Psychologist, Social Worker or Counsellor and current membership to professional body (AHPRA, AASW or Australian Counselling Association or equivalent.
- Experience in working with members of refugee and asylum seeker community.
- Experience in working with people with complex mental health challenges.
- NSW Drivers licence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Current Working with Children’s Check
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time