Cafe Cook – (Short Order Cook / Salad Hand)
• Casual position
• Well established café
• Taren Point location
About the role:
Based within the Woolooware Shores Retirement Village, the Watercress Café is seeking a Café Cook who will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of food and service to Cafe customers through the preparation of safe and quality food products.
Please note: Applicants interested in the casual opportunity should ideally be available Saturdays between 8:30am to 3pm
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Preparation and cooking of short orders such as toasted sandwiches, wraps and crepes, salads and vegetables.
• Ensuring optimum food quality by checking ingredients, monitoring preparation, handling, cooking and storage procedures, and making suggestions aimed at improving food quality, work practices, procedures, and cleanliness standards
• Working in a cooperative way with team members
• Ensuring safe work practices are carried out within the safety, health, hygiene and cleanliness standards of Anglicare and the relevant health authorities, including HACCP and WHS policies.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Commercial Cookery Certificate (required)
• Minimum 4 years’ food industry experience (preferable)
• Strong communication skills
• Ideally available Saturdays between 8:30am to 3pm
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: http://www.anglicare.org.au/
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.