Are you a hands-on “Jack or Jill of all trades” with the ability to solve problems?
• Can you organise work effectively?
• Would you like to use your practical skills to deliver care?
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
Rooty Hill Village has been created with community in mind, therefore connection to the broader community is central to the design and layout of this unique village. Consisting of a 90-bed Residential facility, 165 Retirement Living apartments, a Village Community Centre, an onsite Hub offering a variety of retail, health, wellness and other services to both our residents and the community, and a train station on our doorstep, this new Village has it all!
About the Role
Opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Tradesperson to undertake general maintenance duties for our new Rooty Hill Village, ensuring they are completed on time and to a high standard. You will arrange and carry out repairs, maintain buildings and advising on replacement or repairs as required.
- Ensures that maintenance duties are completed in a safe, efficient and effective way by following specified policies and procedures with special attention to all aspects of safety;
- Make decisions about costs and priorities and documenting a full plan for work to be completed;
- Contribute to the support of residents by providing quality service as required, and with respect to dignity and privacy;
- Contribute to after-hours maintenance requirements from time to time;
- Participating in workplace consultation activities and actively participating in any other safety activities as prescribed in the WHSIMS.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Previous experience in maintenance.
- A current NSW driver’s license.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Alignment with Anglicare’s Christian Values.
- Passion for assisting older people and working in Aged Care.
If you are passionate about working with a committed team, caring deeply about our residents and their needs, all within a Christian environment, we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.