Team Leader – Reconnect
- Are you a highly motivated leader passionate about managing a team of mission-hearted people?
- This is a permanent full-time opportunity based at Cabramatta!
- Make a genuine difference in the lives of young people and their communities at risk of homelessness and family breakdown.
About the role:
You will be leading a team of case managers who are supporting at risk young people and their communities to address issues of homelessness and family breakdown as well as Supervision of the team. This could be a job share opportunity.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Supervision of staff and ensuring staff development and compliance with program funding agreement
- Maintain a client case load
- Collates and maintains clear up to date organised and accurate records and case notes
- Keeps informed of theoretical and practice issues that ensure best practice is developed and maintained
- Establish and maintain links with other agencies, to facilitate the provision of a holistic and quality service and to provide information on issues including referral processes, client needs, local issues, community feedback and approaches or gaps in service delivery.
- Develop, present and evaluate group work
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Tertiary qualifications in relevant tertiary studies, e.g. social work, psychology
• Demonstrated understanding of the needs/issues of people from refugee/migrant, varying socio-economic and diverse CALD backgrounds
• Demonstrated supervisory skills
• Well-developed case management skills, conflict resolution, strengths-based and basic counselling skills
• Excellent communication and networking skills and a mature, professional approach to work
• A current NSW driver's licence and comprehensively insured motor vehicle
This role requires a valid Working with Children Check. Anglicare is committed to being a child-safe, child-friendly organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.