Counsellor - Family Relationships
Job no: 500740
Work type: Fixed Term Part-Time
Location: Western Sydney
Counsellor – Family and Relationship Services
- Are you passionate about counselling families to strengthen their relationships?
- Are you looking for a rewarding and life-changing career opportunity?
- Fixed-Term part-time or full-time position until June 2026!
The purpose of this exciting role:
Based at Parramatta, the purpose of this role is to undertake a range of counselling and groupwork services which aim to strengthen family relationships, prevent breakdown and ensure the wellbeing and safety of children at any stage in a family relationship.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Advocating for clients by establishing strong network links within local area in order to provide strong external referral pathways and developing strong partnerships with the church as a support resource.
- Develop resources that promote and advertise the service to clients, local forums and other community organisations to ensure that the service is well known in the community.
- Provide a case plan that is developed with the client, is clearly defined and with achievable outcomes to ensure that the client’s individual needs are met.
- Ensure that a full client caseload is maintained by working within funding guideline and program targets
- Maintain appropriate client documentation and statistical information.
- Facilitating client group programs
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or Counselling
- NSW Drivers licence and own vehicle
- Member of AASW, APS or organisations registered with PACFA
- Training and clinical experience in family and relationship counselling
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Previous demonstrated experience in assessment and counselling
- Valid Working with Children’s Check
- Willingness to undertake training
- Experience working with victims and perpetrators of Domestic Violence
- Thorough knowledge of Child Protection and Domestic Violence
- Experience working with couples and children highly desirable
- Experience working with men's behaviour change
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
We are undertaking a strategy to be a “Child safe” organization please see Our Commitment to Child Safety.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time