- Are you a university Social Work, Social Welfare, or Psychology student looking for on-the-ground experience while you study?
- Are you a highly organized person?
- Are you looking for a rewarding and meaningful job opportunity?
- Our staff are mission-hearted and highly engaged…are you?
About the role:
This position will be responsible for providing intake and initial assessment for clients, and for making appropriate referrals, both internally and externally to other services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for answering phone calls, accurately documenting client details and demonstrating confidentiality when dealing with client records. You must also be flexible to undertake reception and administration duties to relieve colleagues as required. This position will suit a highly motivated team player with a strong client focus and excellent communication skills. You will ideally have experience working in the community services sector but experience working in a customer service role is essential.
This is a fixed-term part-time position working 3 days a week (Monday to Wednesday). The contract ends June 2022. Flexible job locations available across Central and Eastern Sydney.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Undertake initial assessments.
- Inform clients of relevant Anglicare services.
- Document client information and maintain confidentiality.
- Adhering to service policies and procedures.
- Undertaking administration and reception duties as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Certificate IV or Diploma Level Community Services qualification (or equivalent).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to a wide range of clients in need of assistance.
- Highly organized and skillful at simplifying systems and processes.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed computer skills (MS Word, MS Outlook, client management system).
- Ability to support and promote the Christian Mission and Values of Anglicare.
- Working with Children's Check for paid employment purposes.
Preferred (but not essential):
- Working towards or completed a Social Work, Psychology or Social Welfare university qualification.
- Strong networking skills and ability to liaise effectively with other community stakeholders.
Join a growing industry where you can make a genuine difference in the lives of older people.
An Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.