• Day and afternoon shift positions available
• Make a genuine difference
• Woonona – South Coast Location
Eileen Armstrong House is searching for passionate Carers to join their dedicated team of care professionals.
About the role:
Our Carers play a key role in ensuring our residents are cared for physically, emotionally and spiritually, responding to their varied needs with empathy and respect.
If you are reliable, motivated, passionate about caring for the elderly and have completed a Certificate III in Aged Care (or the equivalent), then we’d like to hear from you!
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Enable, support and assist residents with activities of daily living according to assessed individual needs
• Contribute to the emotional well-being of residents by responding to and understanding their emotional needs;
• Interacting with our residents in a cheerful and empathetic manner;
• Ensure care standards are upheld by following procedures;
• Attend internal and external training as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent
• Previous Aged Care experience
• A passion for caring for older people
• Excellent communication skills
• Valuing individuals and showing empathy
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare.
Our Carers are rewarded with above award rates of pay, and a comprehensive orientation program and access to ongoing education and training opportunities to ensure that our residents receive outstanding care.
If you are passionate about caring for the elderly and would like to join a friendly and supportive team, we would like to hear from you!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice