Anglicare has an exciting opportunity for a caring, experienced and qualified Early Childhood Educator to join our Family Support Team at Anglicare
- Are you passionate about young children and love working with families?
- Join our family friendly, warm supportive culture!
- Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits!
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we are passionate about assisting children, families and those experiencing social isolation through our many community services programs. We create environments where people can flourish because we know individuals thrive in supportive and connected communities. Please visit our website www.anglicare.org.au to find out more about our organisation.
- Excellent remuneration package and company benefits
- Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits - reducing your taxable income by $15,900 plus an additional $2,650 for salary packaging accommodation, meals and entertainment
- Learning and Development opportunities within the organisation
About the role:
Based at Cabramatta, the purpose of this rewarding role is to provide assistance and daily support to the Children and Parenting program, by attending to the needs of children and their families.In this valued role you will work with the program manager, to facilitate term programs that have an educational play-based content, including playgroups and parenting groups.
Our Educators offer support, activities and education to help build strong and happy families. Our goal at Anglicare is to transform lives with compassion and our dedicated team of educators contribute to this by providing a range of parenting and educational programs in a friendly environment where parents and families are made to feel as comfortable as possible.
We are seeking to employ an experienced and qualified Early Childhood Educator, with excellent communication skills and a passion for working with young children, refugee and migrant families and children from diverse backgrounds.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Actively facilitating playgroups to create a stimulating and engaging environment for children and their families.
- Assist in setting up playgroup activities and pack equipment away.
- Ensuring equipment and resources are in good working order and maintained appropriately, ensuring that a safe environment is provided for children and their families.
- Complete and maintain appropriate documentation as agreed with management, ensuring that documentation meets organisational, legislative and funding requirements.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement by implementing policies, procedures and work practices relevant to the program
- Certificate 3 or above in Early Childhood Education
- Experience in working with children under 5 years and their families
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using computers for reporting and various tasks
- NSW Working with Children’s Check
If you are an experienced and qualified Early Childhood Educator passionate about working with a committed team that cares deeply about children and families, all within a Christian environment we would love to hear from you!
To find out more about this opportunity, please email the recruitment team at email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date 8th October 2021 and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice