• Permanent part-time & Casual opportunities available
• Based in Taren Point
• Make a genuine difference to the lives of the elderly
Goodhew Gardens is located within Anglicare’s Woolooware Shores retirement living village in the Sutherland Shire suburb of Taren Point. We currently have vacancies for dedicated lifestyle carers to join our Lifestyle team.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Lifestyle Coordinator, you will contribute to the well-being of our residents by assisting with the design and implementation of individualised and integrated programs whilst facilitating our Rhythm of Life® program - giving residents a choice in how they spend their day from meals to activities, outings and more.
If you are an energetic “people person” with the inherent ability to inspire and encourage others, apply now!
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensures an integrated village calendar, activities and events are well communicated to residents and families and that the activities included are evaluated on completion.
• Contributes to enriching the lives of individuals and their families through leisure, lifestyle, learning and spiritual activities.
• Assist and encourage residents to create a home like environment within their accommodation so that they can relate to their new environment personally.
• Contributes to all aspects of regulation and compliance for accreditation under Standard Three. Participates in the audit and continuous improvement process.
• Contribute to Anglicare’s safety culture by keeping the workplace safe, complying always with safe work practices, participating in workplace consultation activities, actively participating in safety activities, including hazard and incident reporting as prescribed in WHS policies, procedures and legislation.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
• Certificate IV in Leisure & Health or willingness to work towards this
• Aged care experience preferred, including basic knowledge of the aged cared 'Quality Standards'
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• A flair for planning and conducting activities suitable for the elderly
• A genuine desire to enrich the lives of our residents and their families through leisure, lifestyle and spiritual activities
• A commitment to the Christian beliefs, values and ethos of Anglicare.
Benefits of joining Anglicare:
• Build a career within a Christian NFP organisation dedicated to supporting communities
• Join an inclusive culture with learning and development opportunities.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.